Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Translating English to French?

HI! I need help translating this paragraph into French. Please do not use an online translator for the grammar structure is incorrect. Please help me, need by tomorrow thanks!





Last weekend we have celebrated my friend鈥檚 birthday. It was fun. Many people have attended. I have bought him a big gift. We have ate lots of cake. We have drunk lots of wine. Many friends have visited him.

Last month was thanksgiving. Many relatives have attended. We ate lots of turkey and drank lots of wine. My aunt and uncle did not attend. It was fun. Every thanksgiving, I go to my grandparents.Translating English to French?
Le weekend dernier on a f锚t茅 l'anniversaire de mon ami. C'茅tait amusant. Beaucoup de personnes sont venues. Je l'ai achet茅 un grand cadeau. Nous avons mang茅 beaucoup de g芒teau. Nous avons bu beaucoup de vin. De nombreaux amis l'ont visit茅.

Le jour de Thanksgiving / d'Action de Gr芒ces (you can say Thanksgiving the same in French if you want). Beaucoup de membres de famille sont venus . Nous avons mang茅 beaucoup de dinde et bu beaucoup de vin. Ma tante et mon oncle ne sont pas venus. C'茅tait amusant. Tous les jours d'Action de Gr芒ces/ Tous les Thanksgiving, Je vais chez mes grand-parents.



Also, your English paragraph had mistakes in regards to the tense, you're talking about a past event and the past tense = subject + past participle (no auxiliary verb). It should be written like this:



Last weekend we celebrated my friend鈥檚 birthday. It was fun. Many people attended. I bought him a big gift. We have ate lots of cake. We drank lots of wine. Many friends visited him.

Last month was thanksgiving. Many relatives attended. We ate lots of turkey and drank lots of wine. My aunt and uncle did not attend. It was fun. Every thanksgiving, I go to my grandparents.Translating English to French?
Thanksgiving.. capital T.

We ate lots of cake (not 'have ate'!!! not have eaten)

....go to my grandparents'. their house, possessive s'.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment