Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Does this make sense, french and english translation?

we have to do a thing for french for when we were ten, im trying to use really basic language in it.

please dont use a translator to tell me if its right or wrong.

i used one for some of the words i dont know, and i know some are wrong. but yeah any help would be appreciated.



english:

When I was ten I was in Grade 4, my best friend was - - - - - - - - - and we are still very good friends today.

At lunch time we would not usually play footy, we would usually stuff around and do other things. He is my only friend i am still good friends with from primary school.

We like Pink Floyd and other old bands that no one else did.

I went to Queensland for a holiday with my family. We stayed there for four weeks. I had a great time.



french:

Quand j'avais dix ans dans ______(grade) quatre mon meilleurs ami était - - - - - - - - -, nous sont toujours bons amis. à temps de dejeuner nous jouerions pas ___________(usually) _______(football). __________(usually) nous atouret ferions d'autres choses. Il est mon suelement ami que je suis amis encore bons avec de l'ecole ________(primary).

Nous avons amié Pink Floyd et d'autres vielles bandes que personne d'autre ont faites.

Je alles à - - - - - - - - - - pendant des vacances avec ma famille. Nous sommes restés là pendant quatre semaines. J'ai eu un grand temps.



I suppose if its not to much to re-write the french again. Hah, writing it up i realized just how much is wrong.Does this make sense, french and english translation?
Hey you did a great job at your french, I'm part french i know a fair bit of french and all of it makes sense to me so there no need to rewrite what you have done already.Does this make sense, french and english translation?
OK, it seems that you need help with your French. ;-)

I did my best to stay close to your original text and to write in French.

However, I’m not sure to have the right meaning for “stuff around”.



Quand j'avais dix ans, j'étais en CM1 (Grade 4 is like CM1 or CM2 in French, I think it is CM1). Mon meilleur ami s'appelait ---------- et nous sommes toujours bons amis aujourd'hui.

En général, pendant le déjeuner, on ne jouait pas au foot, on avait l’habitude de trainer à c?té et on faisait autre chose. C'est le seul ami de l'école primaire avec lequel je sois encore bon ami.

On aime les Pink Floyd et d'autres vieux groupes que personne d'autre n'aime.

Je suis allé* en vacances dans le Queensland avec ma famille pendant 4 semaines. Je me suis bien amusé.



* if you had been a girl then it would have been "allée".Does this make sense, french and english translation?
Quand j'avais dix j'étais en 4 e année, mon meilleur ami était - - - - - - - - - et nous sommes encore très bons amis aujourd'hui.

à l'heure du déjeuner, nous ne serions pas en général jouer footy, nous serions en général autour de choses et de faire d'autres choses. Il est mon seul ami je suis toujours avec de bons amis de l'école primaire.

Nous comme Pink Floyd et autres vieilles bandes que personne d'autre ne fait.

Je suis allé au Queensland pour des vacances avec ma famille. Nous y sommes restés pendant quatre semaines. Je me suis bien amusée.





-Dont blame me if it's wrong though, thats just what my french book from primary school would translate it as. Sorry it took me so long to write haha!!



Good luck with it!
  • cb radio
  • romance novels
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment