Sunday, February 5, 2012

What does serrez-moi mean? (french to english)?

I tried using an online translator, but it said it means "tighten me" which I feel like that can't be what it really means.What does serrez-moi mean? (french to english)?
It indeed means "hold me tight" but it sounds very very strange to have "serrez-moi" on its own as we usually say "serrez-moi dans vos bras" (in you arms).

And this form is the vouvoiement (form of respect for someone who is not a relative) as opposed to the tutoiement which implies you already know well the person or that he0she is the same age as you. In that case, the translation would be "sers-moi dans tes bras"What does serrez-moi mean? (french to english)?
calib and Jenny's answers are correct.

What does serrez-moi mean? (french to english)?
Hold me tight
hug me

No comments:

Post a Comment