Thursday, February 2, 2012

Someone who understands french please help me with this translation?

Well i am going to brest (france) airport soon and i need to catch a taxi from there. I heard most taxi's don't speak english so i plan to greet them in french (or something close to french!) and show them some paper which has written down where i want to go and stuff.



I looked at them online translators between English and French but i'm not totally sure they are reliable so i am hoping someone can translate this for me into french:



'Hi, please excuse the fact that i can't communicate with you in French. Can you please take me from Brest airport to Saint pol de leon (as shown on the map of where i need to go). I have 2 bags weighing 10-20kg. Thank you very much sir.'



Obviously i am open to suggestions/tips if something else should be added/known.. i don't understand french numbers, would the price of the taxi ride be written down or displayed anywhere? This is a rush trip so very unexpected which is why i haven't learned any french.Someone who understands french please help me with this translation?
Bonjour, pardonnez moi mais je ne parle pas fran莽ais, c'est pourquoi j'ai fait 茅crire ce petit message pour pouvoir communisquer avec vous.



Bonjour Monsieur.



Pourriez-vous s'il vous plait me conduire de l'a茅roport de Brest 脿 Saint Pol de L茅on ( comme indiqu茅 sur la carte ).



J'ai deux sacs pesant entre 10 et 20 kilos. ( this sentence is not really needed )



Merci beaucoup Monsieur.



Taxis have fare meters ( I forgot how to call these machines ) so you should be able to read anytime the distance you did and how much it will cost you.



Have a good trip to FRanceSomeone who understands french please help me with this translation?
kl55000 had the right translation, but if the taxi doesn't have a fare meter thingy, you could say "vous pouvez l'茅crire?" which means "can you write it?" hope this helps xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment