Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is it possible to find a translator/interpreter job in the LA area ?

I live in the Los Angeles area but I would love to find an interpreter or translator job . I speak both english and french very well . French is actually my first language . I was wondering if I could find such a job as a source of some good pocket money ..... What do you think ? where do you think I should start looking for ? would the pay be good too ?Is it possible to find a translator/interpreter job in the LA area ?
When rich French businessmen go to LA, they usually speak very good English, and if they don't they normally bring there own translator.Is it possible to find a translator/interpreter job in the LA area ?
Yes, there is plenty of work in interpreting and translating in Los Angeles, but there is more in Spanish than in French. But it is not enough to be fluently bilingual. Both fields require a good deal of training and practice before you can charge money for your services. I suggest you try some volunteer interpreting and translating first to get your feet wet and add some experience to your resume. I assume you have a college degree because that is pretty much a baseline requirement.



Try contacting the French Consulate,10390 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025, (310) 235-3200 for ideas on where and how to offer your volunteer services.

No comments:

Post a Comment