Thursday, February 9, 2012

How do I get a job as a translator?

I'm 19 and I can speak and write completely fluently in 5 languages. English,French,German,Mandarin and Korean.



I was wondering what steps I would have to take to get a decent job as a translator.



Do I need to go to college or is skill alone enough?How do I get a job as a translator?
With a truly fluent grasp of all those languages, you will likely make a very good translator. However, just as not all English speakers are good writers, fluency in multiple languages is not enough to be a good translator.



Translators must be excellent writers in their target language (whatever language they are translating into - usually their native language.) It is also extremely beneficial to have a solid grasp of at least one area of specialty (law, chemistry, engineering, etc.) as most translators work within one or two areas of specialty.



For more information, I suggest that you visit the American Translators Association website at: http://www.atanet.org/



And, as has already been said - work experience or volunteer experience (both as a translator and as a worker within your field of expertise) is very helpful.



Bonne chance !How do I get a job as a translator?
I think skill is enough. Thoughf you have volunteered or done any work, it would be very good to mention when you apply to such a job
  • spiderman the musical
  • harcourt math
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment