Thursday, February 9, 2012

Translate english to french. NO TRANSLATORS.?

The opera garnier seats an audience of roughly 2,200 under a central chandelier which weighs over six tons, and has a huge stage with room to accommodate up to 450 artists. The grand escalier, the incredible staircase at the entrance, leads to the grand foyer. Interior as well as exterior, you can notice a lot of white stone, marble of all colors and gilded bronze.



no, this is not my homework and please no translators! very important.Translate english to french. NO TRANSLATORS.?
You’re talking about the Opéra Garnier, also known as the Palais Garnier, which is the Paris Opéra.



l’Opéra de Paris.



I’m French, from Paris, and I can tell you that most French people don’t even know about Garnier. They just call it l’Opéra and know it internationally as l’Opéra de Paris.



It just bothers me when I read “opera garnier” and I don’t make the connection with my beloved “Opéra” and I lived there for 25 years!



Did you know that the chandelier weighs 8 tons?

No comments:

Post a Comment