Sunday, February 5, 2012

Translation question: How do you translate the phrase "speaking French" to English?

I looked it up on translator sites and got "Francais parlant" but that seems wrong to me. I am trying to list "speaking French" as an item on a list of things I am interested in.Translation question: How do you translate the phrase "speaking French" to English?
You need to give more context.

He was speaking French = Il parlait fran莽ais.

While speaking French = en parlant fran莽ais

I heard him speaking French = Je l'ai entendu parler fran莽ais.

J'aime parler fran莽ais = I like speaking French.

See what I mean?

Parler fran莽ais = to speak French, or "speaking French".Translation question: How do you translate the phrase "speaking French" to English?
I'll take a stab with my French knowledge -ant turns a verb (in this case to speak=parler) into the uh.. -ing form. (I can't remember to tense :P)



Il parlant Francais.

He is speaking French.



I am totally unsure about that. I know the above poster used en parlant which, makes total sense too. Just my deux (two) cents.Translation question: How do you translate the phrase "speaking French" to English?
Parler la langue fran莽aise.





You could express your enthusiasm by adding a word: "Parler la belle langue fran莽aise.".



In case I've got the wrong end of the stick: in English one would say perhaps: "French language and culture". It sounds better on your list.
Speaking in French

No comments:

Post a Comment