Thursday, January 26, 2012

Need proof reading on quick french dialogue, please help! :D?

Ok im in grade 10 french and i have to do an assignment that has dialogue. Don't get mad if it is seriously wrong because i am trying to do my best at translating my sentences im not sure if they're聽correct and make sense. I have used my french textbook, google translator, french english dictionary and a few websites to help write these sentences.

I've done my best and i need someone that knows the language to tell me if聽they make sense.

聽

I have written them in english then in french. And the numbers represent which person is talking. Excuse the missing accents since i'm not sure how to put them in.

聽

1. Hmm I have my money and phone.

聽聽 -Hmm J'ai mon argent et telephone.

1. I'm ready to.

聽聽 -Je suis pret aller.

聽

1. Hello. Do you want to go to the mall?

聽 -Allo. Est-ce que tu聽veux d'aller au centre commercial?

2. Sure!

聽 -Certain!

1. I'll meet you at the bus stop.

聽 -Je volonte rencontrer tu a l'arret de bus.

聽

1. What do you want to buy?

聽 -Quo'est-ce聽que tu veux acheter?

2. Some new t-shirts and music.

聽 -Quelques nouvelles聽chemises et des musiques.

聽

1. Let's go inside "Threads".

聽 -Allons-y dans "Frusques".

2. Sure! I can buy my t-shirts.

聽 -Certain! Je pouvoir acheter mes chemises.

1. And i can buy some jeans.

聽 -Et je pouvoir acheter mes jeans.

聽

1. Look! There is a sale in "CDs and Things".

聽 -Regarder! Il y a une grand solde dans "Des CDs et des Chases".

2. Let's buy some CDs.

聽 -Nous achetons des CDs.

聽

2. What CDs do you need to buy?

聽 -Quoi des CDs faire tu as achetes?

1. "Kings of Lyon", "Modest Mouse", and "Franz Ferdinand"'s new album.

聽 -"Kings of Lyon", "Modest Mouse", et "Franz Ferdinand"s sa nouvelle disque.

聽

2. I am hungry.

聽 -Je suis affame.

1. Me to! I could eat a horse.

聽 -Moi aussi! Je pourrais manger comme quatre.

2. How is your hamburger.

聽 -Commen est ton hamburger.

1. Very good!

聽 -Tres bon!

聽

1. Did you buy everything you needed?

聽 -Tu achetes tout ce que ton besoin?

2.Yup! Did you buy everything you needed?

聽 -Oui! Tu achetes tout ce que ton besoin?

1.No. I didnt get聽all the CDs i wanted.

聽 -Non. Je ne achete pas tout ce que des CDs je voulus.Need proof reading on quick french dialogue, please help! :D?
1. Hmm I have my money and phone.

-Hmm J'ai mon argent et mon t茅l茅phone. (for a mobile phone a French would say "portable")

1. I'm ready to.

-Je suis pr锚t 脿 y aller.



1. Hello. Do you want to go to the mall?

- Salut.(You say allo pnly on the phone) Est-ce que tu veux aller au centre commercial?

2. Sure!

- Bien-s没r! (more natural than certainement)

1. I'll meet you at the bus stop.

-J On se donne rendez-vous 脿 l'arr锚t de bus?



1. What do you want to buy?

-Qu'est-ce que tu veux acheter?

2. Some new t-shirts and music.

-Quelques nouveaux t-shirts (the same in French) et de la musique/des CD's.



1. Let's go inside "Threads".

- Allons chez "Threads". (never translate proper names)

2. Sure! I can buy my t-shirts.

-Certain! Je vais pouvoir acheter mes t-shirts.

1. And i can buy some jeans.

-Et je vais pouvoir acheter des jeans.



1. Look! There is a sale in "CDs and Things".

-Regarde! Il y a des soldes dans "CDs et trucs".

2. Let's buy some CDs.

- Allons acheter des CDs.



2. What CDs do you need to buy?

- Quels CDs veux-tu acheter?

1. "Kings of Leon", "Modest Mouse", and "Franz Ferdinand"'s new album.

-"Kings of Leon", "Modest Mouse", et le nouvel album de "Franz Ferdinand". (sorry it's Kings of Leon)



2. I am hungry.

-J'ai faim. (affam茅 is famished)

1. Me to! I could eat a horse.

-Moi aussi! Je pourrais manger comme quatre. (wow that' well done)

2. How is your hamburger.

- Comment est ton hamburger?

1. Very good!

-Tr猫s bon!



1. Did you buy everything you needed?

-Tu as achet茅 tout ce dont tu avais besoin?

2.Yup! Did you buy everything you needed?

-Ouais! Et toi, tu as achet茅 tout ce dont tu avais besoin?

1.No. I didn't get all the CDs i wanted.

-Non. Je n'ai pas trouv茅 tous les CDs que je voulais..Need proof reading on quick french dialogue, please help! :D?
it looks like you have some mistakes in there but i am not the best person to correct them first of all, i know these ones:

I am hungry

Je suis faim

Very good!

Tres bien!



Good Luck!!!Need proof reading on quick french dialogue, please help! :D?
1. Try to change it to: Hmm I have my money and my phone

J'ai mon argent et mon t茅l茅phone

1. Just put: Je suis pret



Change: -Allo. Est-ce que tu veux d'aller au centre commercial? to:

-Allo. Est-ce que tu veux aller au centre commercial?





1. I'll meet you at the bus stop.

-Je volonte rencontrer tu a l'arret de bus.----- That doens't make any sense. Try: Je te rencontre a l'arret de bus



1. What do you want to buy?

-Quo'est-ce que tu veux acheter?---Change to: Qu'est-ce

2. Some new t-shirts and music.

-Quelques nouvelles chemises et des musiques.-----...et de la musique.



2. Sure! I can buy my t-shirts.

-Certain! Je pouvoir acheter mes chemises.------ Je peut acheter mes chemises.



1. And i can buy some jeans.

-Et je pouvoir acheter mes jeans.------- Et je peut pouvoir...



-Regarder! Il y a une grand solde dans "Des CDs et des Chases". Change this to------ Regardez! Il y a une grande solde....





What CDs do you need to buy?

-Quoi des CDs faire tu as achetes?----This doesn't make any sense. Quelles CD's dois tu acheter? Put this instead.



I am hungry.

-Je suis affame.--------- J'ai faims. lol





-Moi aussi! Je pourrais manger comme quatre.------- Je poudrais manger comme un cheval.

No comments:

Post a Comment